Sunday, June 1, 2008

NOT AN IRON MAN TRIATHLON BUT...

I've been a bit lax in posting on this blog lately.  It's so much easier to post on my other one, No Expiration, about my love for timeless music. It's funny - I recently read a feature in the New York Times magazine about a young lady named Emily Gould who was a professional blogger for Gawker.com and was sort of obsessed with blogging about nearly every detail of her life. I don't quite share that obsession. 

That said: back to me! I enjoy documenting how it feels to be closing in on 40. In my last post, I mentioned that I wanted to do a mini-triathlon. Well, I've been working towards that goal. Yesterday I did 20 miles on a stationary bike, followed by 4 miles on a treadmill. Today I took it outside, riding 20 miles and then running 3 1/2 miles. Not quite an "iron man" (hence the picture of "Lil' Iron Man") but for me, that was pretty good. I also signed up at the local Y, and I'm going to start swimming this week. 

I'm also looking into taking surf lessons this summer. I'll be sure to post on my progress there. 

No comments: