Sunday, June 8, 2008

AQUAMAN - THE MOST UNDERRATED SUPERHERO?

I know that there's been some amount of hype around Aquaman in recent years, most of it basically making fun of what a lame superhero he is. 

But having started swimming this week, I've gotta give props to the guy. I'm not necessarily down with homeboy's fashion choices, but still, anyone who can swim at super-speed has got to be pretty powerful. In fact, the fact that he can hang out at the bottom of the sea should make him super strong, and probably even bullet proof, right? 

I've been to the pool three times this week, and swimming is hard, son. The race I'm hoping to compete in (which is in two weeks!) starts off with a quarter mile swim. I read that and was like, "No problem!" 

I got into the pool for the first time Tuesday night, and after one lap, I was like, "Uh, we have a problem..." I pushed through a "set" of 12 laps, one of 10 and one of 8.  Yesterday, I I did 14, 12 and 10 followed by 12 miles on a stationary bike, and stopped there, as I had a huge cramp in my calf. Today, I did a set of 12 laps, followed by a bunch of short sets of two at a time, followed by about 18 miles on the stationary bike and a four mile treadmill run. Maybe I can do this. 

But I bet Aquaman could do it, no sweat. I just hope he wouldn't wear skin tight orange and green clothes while doing it. 

No comments: