Tuesday, April 1, 2008

364 DAYS TO GO

Yesterday I turned 39. Yikes! So, I've decided to blog about the last year of my 30s. I have a good life. I've been in the entertainment industry for over a decade, and gotten to do some cool stuff, and meet some amazing people. My wife is awesome, I don't have much to complain about. But there's something about 40 that seems a bit daunting.

I don't know, does anything really have to change? Should anything have to change? Without being too naval-gazing about it, that's what I'm going to try to explore over the next year. And maybe beyond.

Which reminds me: a point about the title. Yeah, I know, will the name "Leaving 30s" make sense if I'm still writing this blog when I'm in my 40s?

It's OK. Little Steven and Little Richard aren't as "little" as they used to be, Sonic Youth aren't young and The Beastie Boys aren't boys. It's just a name. I really wanted "Pushing 40" but that was taken.

Anyway, I've always embraced aging. Like the great songwriter Cindy Walker wrote, "Don't Be Ashamed Of Your Age." Or John Lennon: "Life Begins At 40," although I admit that that's a weird example.

No comments: